Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rest in Peace, Joey C Jones..

March 15, 2022 03:04AM
I know none of you know who Joey is.. and that's because in the 80's the bass player in his band Sweet Savage made a horrible mistake and turned down a major record deal with enigma records (Poison, Stryper) because he wanted a bigger deal.. they actually DID sign a major deal with RCA in 1986, but RCA was then sold and the band was dropped before they were able to record their LP.. they would have been huge.. they were huge on the club circuit.. Beatles type hysteria wherever they played.. it was nuts..

Joey and I go way back to the early 80's.. He had gotten up and guested on stage with us, I had guested onstage with him.. Sweet Savage broke up and Joey and drummer Randy St. John moved to Hollywood and recruited my bass player, Tim Stunson, who ended up playing bass for Blackfoot for about 6 years afterward.. they formed a short lived band named Pal Joey, which didn't last.. Joey moved back to Dallas and formed a series of bands over the years, most notably Joey C Jones and the Gloryhounds, and was still selling out shows even up until 2-3 months ago..

What I didn't know was Joey was battling cancer.. I read yesterday that he requested to be taken home from the hospital, where he slipped into a coma, and passed away last night.. It always affects me deeply when someone I knew in the 80's that was trying to make it in music, like I was, passes away without ever having gotten the opportunity.. ..and of everyone I knew back then (with the exception of the guys in Pantera) Joey C Jones should have made it in music..

Deeply saddened.. I know the Angels are singing a little bit louder and prouder today with their newest addition..

Pretty cool documentary about Sweet Savage/Joey C jones..

Joey C jones and the Gloryhounds:

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rest in Peace, Joey C Jones.. Attachments

sstrams170March 15, 2022 03:04AM

I think there could be an interesting book.....

roman18127March 15, 2022 05:40AM

I could definitely contribute to it.....

sstrams108March 15, 2022 05:53AM

Give it a shot.......

roman1875March 15, 2022 07:12AM

I did start writing a book..

sstrams73March 15, 2022 07:23AM