Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Batman, a cat story, no sad ending....

February 08, 2022 08:33PM
I won't go into my experience with cats... already did that.

Batman is an outdoors's cat.. Not because we forced him to be... his choice. He's welcome in the house any time... and will come in, but only to coax us outside, where life actually exists.

We have 3 other cats, all indoor cats. Grouchy, bad attitudes, never happy. Yes, we love them... but they are not what I'd call 'lovable'. Batman? This cat has fought dogs, raccoons, skunks, snakes, coyotes, and as close as we can tell is 17 years old today. Average age of an 'outdoor' cat? 2 to 5 years. Look it up.

Indoors cats.. Shithead, (pronounced shathead) Chowder and Leroy. Shithead torments the other two indoor cats. Every day. When Batman comes in the house? Shithead takes cover..no chance in hell he challenges Batman... and Batman knows it. Batman doesn't preen, or boast, or strut to show off his superiority... he knows he's boss; he knows the 3 indoor pretenders are no challenge. He barely takes notice of them. He goes where he wishes... the food bowl, the top roost on the cat tree, the lap of any person he chooses... he owns the indoors and he knows it. The indoors cats, all bigger than him, don't even attempt a challenge. If Batman saunters down the hallway the others clear the path. Batman does NOT laud his higher standing over the others... doesn't need too.

Had pets my entire life, dogs, horses, you name it.... but never had any approach the "above it all' countenance that is Batman's personality. We currently have a Siberian Husky that would kill Batman in a heartbeat if given half a chance.... Batman outmaneuvers him like he's a non-factor. The siberian can be below the tree Batman is napping in and tossing a total fit, growling, barking, howling, and Batman will sleep thru it all... as if, "you have no power here silly dog".

Batman didn't just live life, he ruled it - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Batman, a cat story, no sad ending....

JamesJM127February 08, 2022 08:33PM

I had a couple of neighborhood cats......

sstrams53February 09, 2022 04:44AM