Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have often read....

February 08, 2022 07:11AM
that cross country skiing is the most physically exhausting of all sports. I have never cross country skied, myself, but I can say that getting around on ski's, using poles are skating, definitely will wear you out.

I've been watching it all... seems every Winter Olympics a different event captures my fancy, but in general I'm a traditionalist and the alpine skiing events tend to be my favorites. Super G astounds me, that talent and courage it takes. Downhill is in that category as well... and I don't have a favorite between the two but Super G amazes me a little more... not sure why.

Watched Canada vs the USA Women's hockey game last night.... their skills on the ice skating, and handling the puck, are indistinguishable from the men's game.

Can't imagine the nerve you have to summon up for Nordic Ski Jumping.

While I fully appreciate the talent of Figure Skating it's not an event I enjoy very much.... BUT... last night I found myself unable to watch Chen in his short program because I was so nervous for him.. I WANTED to watch it. laughing smiley It was on at the same time as the hockey game so I chose the hockey game and my daughter reported to me via text about Chen.

Lot of politics involved in these games... and I get that.... but I block it out... I separate that from the athletes; the athletes are my only concern. The interview after the events where they unite the participants with their families back home via satellite are my favorite part of the Olympics. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NBC/PEACOCK Olympics coverage...

Arkansas Ram246February 08, 2022 05:13AM

I haven't watched one second..

sstrams65February 08, 2022 05:36AM

Ratings continue to be at historic lows

ferragamo7954February 08, 2022 06:31AM

Well, what's weird is China..

sstrams65February 08, 2022 06:50AM

Re: I haven't watched one second..

MamaRAMa54February 08, 2022 07:02AM

Hehe, read this just after posting my reply...

JamesJM56February 08, 2022 07:14AM

RIGHT with you!

Ramgator46February 09, 2022 10:58AM

I have often read....

JamesJM52February 08, 2022 07:11AM

Re: I have often read....

waterfield53February 08, 2022 08:01AM

Re: NBC/PEACOCK Olympics coverage...

waterfield62February 09, 2022 11:18AM