Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey, ya caught me by surprise...

February 05, 2022 01:19PM
I read all your posts so I don't think I could have missed any photos you posted that nearly always featured 'green'?

As you know we don't wear any outfits.... BUT.... I do have to have a certain type of shoe to play with. I don't care how they look, however... it's the texture of the sole and the flexibility.

I am currently trying to play with drummer gloves... and that because - we play so seldom these days that the last couple of gigs I got the start of blisters. Trouble is, I don't like to wear gloves when I'm drumming... and might give it up because, again, as seldom as we play I'll be more than recovered from any blisters I get while playing. laughing smiley

My first band, The Commons, wore outfits... but that was during the British Invasion days so even though we didn't play many British rock band songs we did like their look... and thus mimic'd it.

Think I may have mentioned this before... our bass player, who normally dresses western, ALWAYS dresses western actually... always wears a Hawaiian Print Shirt to play music. I've never asked him about it, though I have commented on some his Hawaiian shirts.... I'll try to do that next gig. Maybe there is a story behind it.

Ah... quick tale. The other band members have always told me how easy I have it because I'm sitting for the whole gig. I tried, many times, to explain it's not quite like that. At all like that, in fact. But they never believed me. Well... a few years ago our Bass player had a knee replacement, then a few months later another knee replacement. So these days he uses a.... geez, I don't if it's specifically a bass seat or not.. guitarist seat? It's like no other seat I've seen... kind of like a high stool but with a foot rest and very adjustable for angle, etc. He HATES it... and not long ago turned to me and said, "I get it now, this is miserable, sitting like this while playing for an entire gig. I'm getting more tired that when I stood up". laughing smiley - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Last week it was the red socks, this week.. Attachments

sstrams138February 05, 2022 12:29PM

LOL...

JamesJM37February 05, 2022 12:58PM

I did green for a while.. Attachments

sstrams45February 05, 2022 01:04PM

Hey, ya caught me by surprise...

JamesJM37February 05, 2022 01:19PM

I haven't done green hair... Attachments

sstrams61February 05, 2022 02:09PM