Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That sounds confusing..

February 05, 2022 01:13PM
Not sure how I'd do out in the wilderness, direction-wise.. have never done it.. I did do it while diving in Cayman Brac 3years ago.. wife and I went our own way.. boat captain/dive master said meet back at the boat when out of air.. So, i go WAY off in one direction, with my wife following me..

I turn around to go back, but stuff doesn't look right.. then again, it kinda all looks the same on some reefs.. So, I decide to surface, have a look around, find the boat, and swim toward it.. I surface.. the boat is a quarter mile away! and there's ANOTHER identical boat a quart mile away about 40-50 degrees from the first boat.. I turn around and notice we're EXTREMELY close to shore - we shouldn't have been.. So, I make a split decision and decide I'm going to the boat on the left.. they were identical boats!

So, I submerge, cuz much easier to go the distance under water.. we get closer and closer and closer.. and finally I see the boat's ladder.. Oh sh*t! the ladder doesn't look right.. I chose the wrong boat to head toward.. too tired to head to the other boat, so we did our safety stop, got onboard the other boat to a little bit of laughter (I'm great at schniding myself to avoid embarrassment) and that boat radios our real boat to pick us up..

So, the boat comes nearby, we jump in and swim to it and I never actually lived it down the rest of the trip.. but, its all good.. that's actually not the first time I've gone off on my own and surfaced by the wrong boat.. just call me "Wrong Way Feldman".... smiling smiley

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jimmy you ever do a cross wind landing?

sstrams90February 05, 2022 12:06PM

Well, yes, but your video is pretty extreme...

JamesJM39February 05, 2022 12:16PM

Yeah I've seen...

sstrams40February 05, 2022 12:24PM

My bit of braggadocio...

JamesJM49February 05, 2022 12:57PM

That sounds confusing..

sstrams54February 05, 2022 01:13PM

Keep in mind I'm referring to on 'land'...

JamesJM42February 05, 2022 01:21PM

Under water gets confusing, for sure..

sstrams43February 05, 2022 01:36PM

fly into Maui

ferragamo7956February 05, 2022 04:09PM