Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My bit of braggadocio...

February 05, 2022 12:57PM
I have a built in compass.... have had it since birth. I have never been 'lost' except for perhaps a few ticks of the clock at which time I regained my bearings.

My instructor hated that about me. laughing smiley Actually more than one instructor.. and they would always try to get me lost. They couldn't. No matter how long they'd put me under a hood and fly me into parts unknown a couple seconds after removing the hood I could tell him precisely where we were. laughing smiley

Ok, hold on... I just remembered. There was one place where I actually did get lost... NOT hopelessly lost but lost enough to where it took me a LONG time to regain my bearings. That was in the Bitterroot Mtn's of Idaho. That place still mystifies me, in memory. There was this one ridge that was a great lookout point, (we were on an Elk hunt), and to get there from our tent you had to head down the ridge we were camped on - then on exactly the third side ridge to the left you had to take it and go down about ΒΌ miles to the lookout point... but here's where the mystery begins.. to get BACK to camp you could not retrace your steps, it wouldn't work. In other words... you could not turn around and head back up same ridge you had come down... then turn onto the main ridge we took out of camp, and arrive at camp. Instead.. you had to head back but then cross one ridge to the right and then back up to the main ridge to get back to camp. NONE of what I just wrote makes any sense whatsoever... there is nothing logical about it... and yet my friend and I tested this several times during our hunt... maybe a half dozen times? And it never failed... the trip there would not take you back.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jimmy you ever do a cross wind landing?

sstrams90February 05, 2022 12:06PM

Well, yes, but your video is pretty extreme...

JamesJM38February 05, 2022 12:16PM

Yeah I've seen...

sstrams40February 05, 2022 12:24PM

My bit of braggadocio...

JamesJM48February 05, 2022 12:57PM

That sounds confusing..

sstrams54February 05, 2022 01:13PM

Keep in mind I'm referring to on 'land'...

JamesJM42February 05, 2022 01:21PM

Under water gets confusing, for sure..

sstrams43February 05, 2022 01:36PM

fly into Maui

ferragamo7956February 05, 2022 04:09PM