Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

21Dog.... you see who Kerman hired as HC for our football problem?

February 02, 2022 04:22PM
Damon Jenkins, HC and he brought in Robert McCoy as OC.. remember him? Seahawks TE... and I think finished with the Redskins? That guy is friggin' HUGE.

Ok, so before continuing just want to set things straight.. this ain't going to mean overnight success. It takes time to build a football program. Kerman got shoved up a division for next season and that puts us against schools.... well, no way to say it otherwise, we don't have a chance of beating, or maybe yes against two out of the 10, in the division?. That said...

Both young guys and their energy is through the roof... as is their enthusiasm. They've already begun a program that coordinates with the other sports - Basketball, Baseball, that Kerman has never seen before. This last basketball game he had every football player that doesn't play basketball, (my grandson plays basketball), show up to the games to cheer... and has requested they ALL show up to all remaining games, plus the baseball games to come, plus the soccer games, and that's boys and girls. They have begun a weight program in effect NOW. Those who play other sports are excused, for now.

I'm excited, for Kerman... but can they survive Kerman local politics? Ehhhh, I don't know.... but they certainly are gathering supporters.

Interesting situation regarding my grandson, Ashton. He was/is Kerman's QB... his Soph year and his Jr. year... put up incredible stats... led our team in every offensive category except receiving, (obviously), including rushing.. and not by a little... 400 yds more than our leading RB. He's one hell of an athlete... BUT.. he's not a QB. Coach Jenkins and McCoy are SURE he can play beyond HS... (don't mean D1).... and they want to show him off... but that may mean... RB, not QB. Ashton's Mom and Dad, me and grandma, all his family... are perfectly fine with that, (as if we had a say laughing smiley ). He may not have a choice in playing him at QB, we're ok with that as well... the point is: This guy is going to motivate and coach Ashton, and the rest of the team.

As you know our last coach was fired... alcoholism. Very sad... I'm not sure but I have heard he's getting help. To go from that to this... WOW... I'm sure you can see why I'm excited. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

21Dog.... you see who Kerman hired as HC for our football problem?

JamesJM115February 02, 2022 04:22PM

you told me about Jenkins

21Dog81February 02, 2022 05:50PM