Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I got caught up on the 49er / Ram rivalry that I sometimes forgot what was at stake.

February 02, 2022 07:24AM
Sweet....

this rematch with SF was in the back my mind ever since the Rams blew the 17 point lead on Jan 9 in the final game of regular season..... When the Rams lost that day, most of us hoped for a rematch in the championship, but that seemed highly unlikely, since SF had to win in both Dallas and in Green Bay in the playoffs.....

That Jan 9 Ram's loss to SF perhaps turned out to be a blessing.... SF was tenacious enough to win tough road games in Dallas and GB to help the Rams secure HFA for the NFC Championship.

Had the Rams beat SF on the final game of the regular season, the playoff bracket would've been different... Rams would've had Tampa's slot, thus the Saints, instead of SF, would've gone to the playoffs.... i'm not not sure that NO, TB, or Dallas could've won in GB... SF's current brand of football did, otherwise last Sunday's game would've been played in 4 degree weather....

BTW, We've been waiting for this rematch in the Championship since 1989... where Robinson's 1989 Rams were in a similar position as Shanahan's 2021 49ers... each team had to win the final week of the season to qualify for post season...., win tough road games in the playoffs, only to lose in the NFC Championship on the road... major difference was that this Championship game was much closer than the blow out in 1989...

while watching the NFC Championship, i was focused on the 49er rivalry and sometimes forgot what was really at stake...

The Rams are Super Bowl bound.

BTW, The Rams under McVay are 2-23 when trailing by 10 after halftime... both those 2 wins came in NFC Championship games... The Rams did it last week vs SF and did it vs New Orleans in the 2018 season NFC Title game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RAMS ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL....

JamesJM130January 30, 2022 06:27PM

I got caught up on the 49er / Ram rivalry that I sometimes forgot what was at stake.

JoeMad92February 02, 2022 07:24AM

Yeah, all that, and more....

JamesJM64February 02, 2022 07:40AM