Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Mama, remember Dave Koz?

August 17, 2021 06:46AM
JamesJM
Not sure what's going on but Dave is back with a vengeance. He's on tour again... now and his renewed Christmas tour as well - and another cruise is scheduled for '22. PLUS.. I keep getting notices that he's playing gigs with some of the greats of the past. Recently played the Hollywood bowl with the horn section from Tower of Power.

The 'regulars' on his tour are Kirk Whalum, Mindi Abair, and Vencent Ingala - but he's got special guests at almost every performance.

He's going to be in Rocklin, Ca. early Sept but it's a Saturday... no can do, youth football day.

Of course I do. Dave Koz's cruises got started about 12 years ago after he came aboard one of the jazz cruises we were on because he wanted to learn how it was done before he launched his own jazz cruise. His have been wildly successful. Very organized and classy. Any smooth jazz lover would be in heaven. Our cruising days are done and our accessibility to jazz concerts ended a long time ago. Performers rarely come to St Louis anymore. We did manage to go to two "smooth jazz cruises on land" concerts in 2019 which were wonderful but until the pandemic subsides... even if there were smooth jazz concerts in St Louis, I don't think we'd go.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mama, remember Dave Koz?

JamesJM145August 17, 2021 06:11AM

Re: Mama, remember Dave Koz?

MamaRAMa154August 17, 2021 06:46AM

Can't even remember the last time I saw him in concert....

JamesJM141August 17, 2021 02:10PM

Does he have a Wife named... Bea ??

Ramgator105August 19, 2021 08:07AM

Re: Does he have a Wife named... Bea ??

MamaRAMa87August 19, 2021 08:45AM

LOLOL GOOD ONE, Mama! nm

Ramgator53August 19, 2021 03:43PM

you've caught the Gator disease

21Dog79August 20, 2021 05:22AM