July 26, 2021 07:12AM
1st Sorry about the length of this post...

IMO this virus will be here with us for a very long time, the issue I think people need to do is do the best for yourself, pushing people into what they feel is a corner never works out....your yelling, demanding,demeaning falls on deaf ears. The virus is going to mutate and eventually I think that it will dilute itself through the mutations. I have already heard that delta is easier to catch but not near as harmful. If everyone keeps jumping every time they hear Covid -19 uttered you are in a fear reaction....Oh No Here It Comes Again!

In our area they report the new cases and on the same visual have a running total of deaths.....They have current hospital cases, but never a recovery amount....By doing this IMO they are equating cases to deaths, and hospital cases that just get bigger with small recovery rates.....This IMO puts a person in a reaction of fear/dread/worry....I guess to force people into the shot....it's not working....NC has been sitting at 55-60%....now if you add that to the % who had it and recovered I think the overall immunity level is very good, but the media refuses to do it....I also hear that people are getting delta AFTER the shot...so what do you do now? Go back to masks is what they come up with.....this will be a never ending coaster.

I am not in anyway saying not to be concerned with this, and never have, but at this rate of thinking, schools will always be shut down/opened up, masks off/masks on.....in a never ending cycle....A normal life will be totally gone, eventually forgotten and replaced with constant issuing of gov. reg......that will go beyond this virus issue IMO.

Because a person gets this new variant doesn't mean it's severe, the media/news transmits this mantra and it's not from them that it is contrived....We've gotten our shots quite a while back, heck when this thing initiated I had a few days of aches, and what I would describe as a "heavy flu" like symptoms....never went to check it out...came back around, no issues. IMO I had the virus and recovered. I'm in my mid 60's not overweight, but have high BP and have had clots.....I'm doing great , walking 3-4 miles every other day...doing my thing without a mask....People around here go mask less for the most part.. The people wearing the masks seem to be mostly over weight, and of color, some older people across the board...I see their reason, don't look down on them, actually think nothing at all about them, I make no opinions...it's what makes a person feel good about themselves.

IMO at some point we need to take this thing and find ways to live with it, it will be around for ever but again IMO it will eventually dilute itself out and people will have immunity to it.

Putting masks on as soon as it pops up IMO just doesn't do anything, I see the want of people doing it, they think they can have control over it, that's just not possible...The natural fact is people like to be in control a virus takes that control away. The shot helps, but so does getting it and recovering and have immunity that way as well....if you have a combination of people with shots and those who gain natural immunity we at least can live with it....mask off, mask on will just get people riled up and really not do anything in the long run....UNLESS you feel better doing it...if so do it, but to make it a overall mandate is IMO the wrong thing to do.

I know I'm going to get hammered with 'You are part of the problem", "you are helping to keep this around"....I am looking at this without numbers because numbers can be made to justify anything, anyway you want to make your point. I am using what I think is just logic, diseases have been around since time, some very deadly, some very contagious but not so much deadly the one constant all through time is man continues to live and find ways to live, not hide, not cringe.....

Going to the opening game, if masks are needed we'll wear ours friggin mask, I'll bring my vaccination papers.....I tell you what, it may be under different circumstances, but most of my family went through this type thing in Austria in the late '30s....many of them were put into camps.....my grandparents got out before it came down, but their immediate family members, many did not....When I hear people saying we need to have papers it makes me go a bit cold....Sometimes you need to really look, I mean really look at how important freedom(s) are and not be so gracious with them to readily dispose of them when things come up....Freedoms are very important to a life in this country.....If they start eroding before you know it we aren't the USA anymore, and it won't come back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2021 07:16AM by roman18.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is everyone really expecting that this virus can be totally eradicated with a vaccine?

roman18270July 26, 2021 07:12AM

Smallpox eradication

waterfield106July 26, 2021 07:20AM

Again...I feel like people can't see the trees because of the forest....

roman18125July 26, 2021 07:46AM

Does Smallpox have variants or DID it have variants back in the day?

Ramgator69July 26, 2021 07:53AM

Re: Is everyone really expecting that this virus can be totally eradicated with a vaccine?

GroundPounder93July 26, 2021 07:50AM

THAT is what I'd bet on. But in the meantime.....

Ramgator118July 26, 2021 07:55AM