Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We went and saw Black Widow last night

July 10, 2021 01:32PM
Black Widow

8.5 / 10

First time the wife and I have been to the theatre since the pandemic started

the theatre's have been open for some time here now , but there just wasn't really anything the wife and I wanted to go see

until now !!!!

We went with a bunch of friends , Marvel Lovers

I missed going to the theatre , the smell of popcorn , the theatre was packed , and it was alot of fun

as far as the movie it's self , I'll get the white elephant out of the room first

Taskmaster , one of my favorite Non Spider-man villains ,

and..................

they totally ruined him , I knew this before going to the movie so I had pretty low expectations

I really don't even know why they even used Taskmaster , other then the ability to copy other peoples movements , they completely changed everything else about the character , why not just make up some new character

I won't get into it , but this is even worse then the Mandarin reveal in Iron Man 3 , but I do see they have Ben Kingsley credited in the cast listing for Shang Chi , so I'll guess I'll wait and see what happens there

but other then the big disappointment of Taskmaster

Black Widow was actually a pretty good movie , I really liked it alot

maybe going in with low expectations helped , confused smiley

Florence Pugh does a great job , and at times steals the movie , as the new Black Widow going forward , I'm excited to see

I'm actually going to rate this movie pretty high , as far as solo movies go

there is one after credit scene , but it comes all the way at the end

no big CGI scene , but pretty cool all the same , it ties into Falcon and the Winter Soldier , US Agent , and sets up the upcoming Hawkeye series

with Hawkeye coming later this year , and still no trailer

now I kinda see why

I was looking forward to Hawkeye anyways , but now it just got a whole lot more interesting

I love the MCU , sooooooooooo many moving parts

with only one episode of Loki left , I'm curious if we'll get any kind of Hawkeye release date announcement

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

We went and saw Black Widow last night

IowaRam85July 10, 2021 01:32PM