March 15, 2021 09:34AM
Aging sure goes thru cycles of varying beard growth rates.... or maybe it's which scotch your currently sipping? I don't know... but I do know...

When I was young it took me about a month to grow a full beard, (full, not the very closely cropped beards fashionable today that can be grown in a day) - then later in life I found my beard grew more slowly... maybe 6 weeks to grow a full beard. I figured by the time I was the age I am now I might not need to shave at all. But no... life is full of surprises...

Last May, I think, I shaved off the beard I had had for oh maybe 5 years or so. Mid-Feb of this year I decided to grow it back again... expecting 6-8 weeks before it was full. Nope... 2 weeks later it was nearly there, 3 weeks in it was full. Now around 5-6 weeks in I've already trimmed it twice. So I'm wondering -

A decade from now will I NOT be able to grow a beard or will I have to shave 4 times a day?

Related - Beard wax. I had never used it until this current beard. Did you know they not only make special beard waxes but they have shampoo specifically designed for bears? Now someone tell me what is different between top or your head hair shampoo and beard shampoo? I think they're lying and it's the same thing. For that matter... I can't tell any difference between shampoo and body soap. So I got to browsing 'beard' grooming aids.... wow....

There's a lot. Really, more than you'd think. They've got you covered... whatever you're looking for. Want a soft beard? They've got ya... stiff beard? Not a problem.. shiny beard? Matte beard? Specific waxes/lotions/odors for short, medium and long beards? They've got ya covered.

So much so I got lost, confused.... so I'm going back to soap and a comb. That's my two grooming aids, well... also a Wahl Trimmer but I may retire that as well and just let it go. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Beard growth rate....

JamesJM167March 15, 2021 09:34AM

I've never gone longer than 4 days..

sstrams101March 15, 2021 10:08AM

I thought you were going to say...

JamesJM90March 15, 2021 10:30AM

Yeah, i do treasure the one day a week..

sstrams76March 15, 2021 10:47AM

Well, yeah.. but...

JamesJM72March 15, 2021 10:52AM

I was just saying...

sstrams73March 15, 2021 12:09PM