Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Warm milk, no thanks...

March 10, 2021 08:27PM
Came to my attention tonight that in my earlier lists of the two foods I don't like - Sweet Pickles and Buttermilk... I didn't mention 'warm milk'. Can't get it down, won't try.

Some years ago I came into the kitchen and my wife was eating cereal with milk... I wanted a glass of milk so I poured a glass and took a sip, not even a full sip, it barely touched my palate until I yelled out, "Geez, how long has this milk been sitting out?". My wife thought I was being an ass... she said, "It hasn't been out more than 2 minutes". She refused to believe I could tell the milk had been out for 2 minutes. This became a 'thing'... the topic coming up every now and then when my wife wanted to prove to other family members, even friends, that I was a liar. It went on for years... until..

one day not that long ago and hearing her bring it up once again I accepted the challenge. We set up a test.... 2 minutes vs right out of the fridge. I passed with flying colors. So we did it again... I passed again, then again, then again again, then again again again. So just a few days ago... I umped the ante... 1 minute. I had lots of takers because they knew they wouldn't pay me anyway.

Pass, Passed again, Passed a third time. They surrendered.

When I have breakfast in a restaurant I demand my glass of milk not be brought to me until the pancakes are on the table. Hey, geez, maybe I am an ass. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Warm milk, no thanks...

JamesJM202March 10, 2021 08:27PM

I TOTALLY thought this was..

sstrams126March 11, 2021 04:16AM

Funny thing is, I like milk best....and maybe ONLY with.....

Ramgator76March 11, 2021 05:00AM

James, you have milk cows, right?

RAMbler117March 11, 2021 10:40AM

Nope.

JamesJM149March 11, 2021 05:29PM

Re: Warm milk, no thanks...

MamaRAMa185March 12, 2021 09:42AM

Milk is my favorite drink...

JamesJM161March 12, 2021 12:53PM