Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: So, on the other board I asked..

December 27, 2020 07:40AM
Like I said, we don't really give each other Christmas gifts anymore. We pretty much channel our efforts and money mostly into our 4-year old grandson rather than each other 'cause we just don't need anything. However, this year I got us a joint something so I'll claim that as our "cool" Christmas gift.

We had our 25 yr old hot tub removed from our deck this summer. We've been talking about adding some planter beds against the rail on the deck where the hot tub used to be so we can grow herbs and vegetables. We've never gardened before but it's something that has interested us a lot for quite a while so we're going to try it on a small scale. Our yard has nowhere to put a garden. It slopes downward from the deck to the back of the yard and is pretty much useless. Neither one of us can handle bending down and working on plants in the ground anyway (Frank's prosthetic leg and my arthritic hips). I found a Self-Watering Elevated Cedar Planter Box that's 2' x 4' and perfect for gardening on the deck. We can do it without bending over or crouching. I ordered it from a company in Vermont and it arrived in time for Christmas . It's not assembled and we'll need to put it together but we're not going to do that till spring when we're ready to use it. If we really like it, then I'll order a 2nd one. I'm going to get a kid-size planter box for Everett so we can all garden together. We are really looking forward to it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2020 07:58AM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So, on the other board I asked..

sstrams173December 27, 2020 06:51AM

Re: So, on the other board I asked..

MamaRAMa118December 27, 2020 07:40AM

That's pretty cool, Mama..

sstrams228December 27, 2020 08:08AM

Tommy Bahama Rams' shirt

waterfield150December 27, 2020 04:12PM

I got a Grogu bobblehead!

BlueRidgeHorns143December 27, 2020 04:35PM

Go Blue