Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: There is a way to hasten the end of the virus

November 28, 2020 10:23AM
waterfield
the question is do we have the will to do so. Victoria, a state in Australia, did a total lockdown. Nothing open but markets and pharmacies. Nothing else.. After a few months they have eliminated any positive identifications of COVID, no hospitalizations, no deaths, nothing. they are now beginning to slowly reopen businesses including restaurants, theaters, stores, etc.

We can do this folks.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

We could... but... WE WON'T. It ain't gonna happen. Too many people today are too stupid, too selfish, or too stubborn to willingly sacrifice and/or do what's necessary in order for us ALL to get through this ALIVE and healthy... in the best way possible. Dealing with this virus should be about WE because it affects us all. Nearly 300,000 people in this country have died, for pete's sake. But it's not about WE.... it's definitely about ME ... amongst far too many people walking on this earth. "They're stepping on my rights", "the government shouldn't be telling ME what to do", "I don't like masks so I'm not going to wear one", "but I like to eat out", blah, blah, blah. Seriously? Let's talk about your dammmm rights and the economy after you lose several members to the virus like so many unfortunate souls already have and when the virus has taken over so badly that the economy no longer matters.

I wasn't alive during World War II, but I've heard the stories from elderly and passed on family members, I've read books and seen movies that depict the sacrifice that ALL Americans made... from the rich to the poor, from young to old. EVERYBODY did without certain things for the cause... which was to support "our boys" who were off to war. It permeated everything they did, everywhere they went. It was all about winning the war and bringing our boys home. There was a community feeling of support in unity as people banded together as a nation to get the job done. It worked then. It could work now. But somewhere between 1945 and now, that desire to work together as a nation for the greater good has been lost. And because that's the case... we'd dang sure better get a vaccine soon to control this thing because expecting people to do the right thing for the good of us all... (shaking my head)... I think we're doomed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2020 10:36AM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

LA County Issues Stay @ home order

Speed_Kills472November 27, 2020 05:46PM

Re: LA County Issues Stay @ home order

Rampage2K-207November 27, 2020 06:15PM

In Germany we have been on Lock down lite since 1st November

shellback244November 27, 2020 06:30PM

Classicalwit167November 27, 2020 08:43PM

Rampage2K-220November 27, 2020 08:48PM

There is a way to hasten the end of the virus