Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's a great series

December 15, 2020 07:40AM
Disney has pretty much f***ed up everything they've touched related to Star Wars, but this show is well done.

I thought it was awesome in episode 2(?) on season 2 that they cast Timothy Olyphant as the marshal of that town on Tatooine. I don't know if there are any FX or Justified fans, but Olyphant was Marshal Raylan Givens on Justified. He did a great job in that series, and he was the exact same character on The Mandalorian. I mean, down to the way he walked and the way he wore his holster. Mannerisms, everything. Somebody was a Justified fan at Star Wars.

There's been a lot of polls on Twitter asking what Star Wars character should receive their own feature origins film similar to Solo.

I'm pretty sure Disney has shunned the EU as not cannon anymore, but I'd love to see an origins of the character Revan.

He was the main character of a very popular Star Wars RPG on XBox (maybe Playstation too?) called Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR). I won't spoil everything, but Revan is the classic comeback story, kinda like Anakin, except he doesn't die lol. There's actually some really, really good books that follow his travels into the Unknown Regions that take place at the end of the first KOTOR. I read one in an entire afternoon lol.

Disney will probably never do it though, because Revan was part of the EU. crying smiley So many good storylines that would be missed out because of hubris.

Also, Grand Admiral Thrawn?! When Ashoka mentions his name, my jaw dropped to the floor! I am PUMPED to see Thrawn. I'm an avid reader of Star Wars books, and Grand Admiral Thrawn is Palpatine's most trusted advisor and confidant, just like Vader (who is kind of a rival). He would be a character everyone would love. Good on Disney for seeing the potential with his character. He's kind of in the Sherlock Holmes mold; can appear socially awkward but is always thinking three steps ahead like the great chess players. Equanimity is his strong suite, even in the face of threats from Vader and Palpatine.

Don't f*** this up, Disney!!!

Btw, Revan is on the right, obviously. But I saw this split-screen with Keanu Reeves and I think he would be a fantastic Revan.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, y'all got me hooked on the Mandalorian

BlueRidgeHorns510November 27, 2020 05:44PM

Welcome to the club....

JamesJM149November 27, 2020 06:56PM

Re: Welcome to the club....

IowaRam142November 28, 2020 04:59AM

Things just got....................complicated

IowaRam265November 30, 2020 09:48AM

Nope, don't know Thrawn... or maybe I do

JamesJM168November 30, 2020 10:56AM

Darth Grogu