Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about road construction in St Louis

October 06, 2020 02:49AM
Any of you St. Louis residents, can you help me out?

I have to drive to central Kentucky and back next week.

My wife and I went out last month... we take I-44 east to St. Louis (from Tulsa area), then I-64 east out of St. Louis through Louisville. We always take a bypass around the SE side, I believe it is I-55 (not sure... we cross the river a little after getting off I-44, go past a Walmart on Telegraph Road (?), eventually curve north... shortly before you get to I-64 you can see the arch briefly off to the west). I remember seeing signs for Cahokia, Belleville, not sure what else. Come home taking the same bypass, opposite direction.

Anyways, when we went out last month, shortly before we got to I-64, the highway was shut down and we had to exit. Ended up going through Belleville, then found a highway that went north to O'Fallon, IL and got back on I-64 east there.

We did not attempt to take the bypass coming home, but saw "road closed" signs at the exit off of I-64 west... so we kept going to the I-44 west interchange near downtown.

So I'm wondering if that highway is open now, or still closed? I checked the Missouri Department of Transportation website, but I cannot find anything at all indicating that it's closed... Whatever they were doing last month though, looked like it would take a while.

Thanks for any help... I have to pull a trailer both ways, so the bypass would be SO MUCH easier, if it's open...

Aries
~Sign of the Rams
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Question about road construction in St Louis

Aries344October 06, 2020 02:49AM

Re: Question about road construction in St Louis

MamaRAMa128October 06, 2020 05:42AM

Usually, sstrams is the only one who responds to my posts....

Aries150October 06, 2020 05:57AM

Been to St Louis twice..

sstrams119October 06, 2020 06:11AM