Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good for you. . .

October 02, 2020 04:44PM
and I don't have to tell you to keep it up. . . because I have faith that you will. For awhile there, your treadmill had joined the thousands of other "well intentioned" machines sitting unused in homes around the country. Yep. . . once you lose momentum, it's easy to put things off.

During the most stringent period of my lockdown, there were no gyms open (and even if there were, I wouldn't have gone). So I purchased a set of resistance bands. And they joined your treadmill's inactivity society. While I'm still performing my yoga . . . there was just something about resistance training at home that didn't cut it. First, as the bands are nowhere close to equal to real weights. .. and second. . . there are just too many distractions at home. Too many excuses not to work out.

I think you might find the same between in-home exercise and outdoor.

Fortunately our local recreation center reopened its gym about a month and a half ago. Just for the heck of it, I went over to see how crowded it would be. . . and to my surprise, there were only two people on the equipment. So now I have somewhere to go. Typically, there are only two or three people there, not including me, in a six thousand sq. ft. facility. Typical distance between those of us there is 12 to 14 feet. So I'm back at it.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Back on the treadmill again, after a month(?) off.

JamesJM198October 02, 2020 01:47PM

Good for you. . .

RAMbeau248October 02, 2020 04:44PM