August 08, 2020 01:03PM
I have. They are so large now they can't afford to cheat anyone. There is no negotiating with them Their prices are set. The good thing is they are not inflated or else they wouldn't be in business. OTOH some people enjoy the back and forth negotiations to try and get a better price than their neighbors. If you are one of those Carmax isn't for you. My experience was there was no pressure to purchase a car-another thing I dislike about car dealerships. They are all used cars that are said to go through a certain inspection criteria and the car I bought was in great shape and lasted a long time.

There are other ways to buy a car without the high pressure techniques. If you belong to a credit union they use services like Autoland or Autonation. You tell them what you want, in all the details, and roughly how much you want to pay. They have preferred dealerships they deal with and when they find a car that meets your specifications they call you. And they deal with new cars as well. Problem is you don't get a chance to see the car. But they do have a good return policy. They just say OK we got your car-when do you want to pick it up.

Dealers have their own "internet price" so you do all this yourself if you want to take the time.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anyone ever dealt with Carsmax?

Ramgator350August 08, 2020 06:57AM

Looks like they have reviews on Yelp

SeattleRam133August 08, 2020 12:51PM

Re: Anyone ever dealt with Carsmax?

waterfield153August 08, 2020 01:03PM

Yes, in Fresno.....

JamesJM190August 08, 2020 01:21PM