Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another mid-way thru movie review... another old classic...

July 07, 2020 11:05PM
I have to stop doing this... when you read this title and realize I had never seen this movie before you're going to think I've been lying for years...and never really watched old classics to begin with. Well, can't blame you... but there it is, never saw this until tonight:

"Witness For The Prosecution"... starring Tyrone Power, Marlene Dietrich, Charles Laughton, Elsa Lancaster... and a host of others you'll recognize if you ever watch it.

This movie is terrific... just terrific. (I was too lazy to break out my thesaurus and look up the word terrific, well actually I mouse click my thesaurus these days).

The dialog is fantastic, (almost said terrific).... and delivered with thespian perfection. It's yet another hidden treasure, (from me anyway), standing alongside "Sunset Blvd". Lo and Behold both Billy Wilder films. I am now officially a Billy Wilder groupie... and hoping he has a fan club I can join.

I had seen many Wilder films in my day but for unknown reasons, (stupidity), never got around to giving Billy credit. Now that I have the path before me shines brightly.... binge watching Billy Wilder films.

Never like to 'recommend' movies, especially old classics... but, and like Sunset Blvd, Witness for the Prosecution is so witty, well acted, directed, filmed, you might want to give it a chance.... and unlike quite a few older movies it moves along at a torrid pace. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Another mid-way thru movie review... another old classic...

JamesJM294July 07, 2020 11:05PM

Re: Another mid-way thru movie review... another old classic...

MamaRAMa140July 08, 2020 08:35AM

Glad you enjoyed it, Mama......also....

JamesJM146July 08, 2020 08:59AM

Re: Glad you enjoyed it, Mama......also....

zn140July 08, 2020 09:04AM

I was so disappointed in the lates version of that movie...

JamesJM126July 08, 2020 09:48AM

Re: I was so disappointed in the lates version of that movie...

roman18140July 08, 2020 11:36AM

Amen

SeattleRam146July 08, 2020 11:49AM

Mama, this isn't in reply to you... but you made me think of it...

JamesJM131July 08, 2020 06:44PM