Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I was so disappointed in the lates version of that movie...

July 08, 2020 11:36AM
I hate remakes of movies...especially good/great movies. My reasoning is this...what made that movie good/great from the get go? IMO it was the actors chosen from the initial premise of the original script....in other words I think that the choosing of the players in the original script is what feeds the movie towards it end.

When you remake a movie and replace the players I can't see how the remake can hold a candle to the original...Many of these older movies can't hold a candle to the effects of stuff coming today.....but what they did have were some really talented people. They had to do the emotional, the big spots without computer generation.....they did that with lighting sequences, using shadows, using script writing...etc.....

Trying to make a TV show into a movie, trying to bring back a TV show.....I am afraid what it shows is that there are a lot of "writers" in todays world who just don't have original ideas.....they have the ability to upgrade imaging, or special effects....that's about it.

Not saying there are not good actors today, but to put them into a role done to perfection previously can only lead to disappointment in most if not all cases.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Another mid-way thru movie review... another old classic...

JamesJM294July 07, 2020 11:05PM

Re: Another mid-way thru movie review... another old classic...

MamaRAMa139July 08, 2020 08:35AM

Glad you enjoyed it, Mama......also....

JamesJM145July 08, 2020 08:59AM

Re: Glad you enjoyed it, Mama......also....

zn139July 08, 2020 09:04AM

I was so disappointed in the lates version of that movie...

JamesJM125July 08, 2020 09:48AM

Re: I was so disappointed in the lates version of that movie...

roman18139July 08, 2020 11:36AM

Amen

SeattleRam146July 08, 2020 11:49AM

Mama, this isn't in reply to you... but you made me think of it...

JamesJM130July 08, 2020 06:44PM