Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, the changes I've endured..

May 13, 2020 04:32AM
have pretty much all been length-related.. Growing up in a house with a military dad was guaranteed super short above the ears look - at least until he left when I was about ten years old.. then the length started peeking out.. I still kept it (with mom's insistence) only about 5-6 inches long through high school and really didn't do a middle part as i had the bangs to pull it off..

But.. once I graduated and had gotten 2-3 years of college under my belt, I decided if I was gonna get serious on guitar, the hair had to grow out.. this was about '82, or so, so I let it grow out pretty long, but layered so I could make it big cuz big hair was IT back then.. Still really no part in the middle, tho.

Toward the end of the 80's and through the middle of the 90's I watched all my long haired friends cut theirs super short.. oh sure, they went through a few different styles first due to musical trends: I think the most popular was to have super long hair, but shave the sides, which was a major commitment: if you didn't like it - you were kinda screwed for the next several years..

So, through the mid 90's until now I've been pretty much the only long-haired guy in town.. oh there's a couple others, but they're all posers.. lol.. I think I started parting it around 2000,or so, but not for shows - I kept the bangs for shows.. Now the part is more out of necessity as I've gotten older and the hair isn't quite as thick as it was..

I honestly don't know if I'll ever cut it all off - as long as I have enough on top to look good.. No way I'd do a chrome dome with long hair on the sides and back.. that always cracks me up lol

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How many hairstyles have you worn in your life?

JamesJM222May 12, 2020 06:36PM

Re: How many hairstyles have you worn in your life?

SeattleRam118May 12, 2020 07:09PM

I think men are more like that...

JamesJM106May 12, 2020 07:13PM

Well, the changes I've endured..

sstrams102May 13, 2020 04:32AM