Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So, I guess I have another whacky hobby..

March 11, 2020 01:52PM
I've been doing this for years.. Our living room has a sliding glass door that we generally leave open, when possible, for the Beagles to go outside and come back in.. The living room also has a vaulted ceiling that goes up about 17 feet with a vertical window right at the top.. So....

Wasps keep flying through the open sliding glass door, get lost and end up trying to get out the window 17 feet high.. it happens over and over and over.. So, the best way I know to get rid of them is:

I shoot big fat rubber bands at them and knock them to the ground.. oh yes, it might take me 20 shots to hit one and then some take 4-5 shots to fall to the carpet where I smush them and put them in the disposal.. Some of them are pretty tough.. I tipped my hat to 2-3 today who just REFUSED to die.. I mean really.. hit them point blank range 4-5 times with a rubber band, smacked them 4-5 times with a DVD case, rolled them over with a 20 pound dumbell, and they still are PISSED and trying to get up and nail me..

Today was crazy.. Normally there is one wasp at a time in the window.. every now and then there'll be two.. today there were FIVE.. so I killed them all, came back here and left a few messages, went back in the living room, and there were SEVEN more in the window and one on the sliding glass door and one in the kitchen.. So I just killed all NINE of those and came back here to post this.. Today I have killed a total of FOURTEEN wasps inside my house.. with rubber bands, shooting them all down.. The Red Baron ain't my hero for nuthin'.....

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So, I guess I have another whacky hobby..

sstrams162March 11, 2020 01:52PM

Make it FIFTEEN... nm

sstrams95March 11, 2020 02:32PM

Re: Make it SIXTEEN... nm

sstrams137March 11, 2020 05:14PM

Add 11 more today = 27... nm

sstrams135March 12, 2020 02:01PM

27 wasps inside your house ?

IowaRam120March 13, 2020 04:12PM

Yeah, I dunno what's up..

sstrams158March 13, 2020 06:14PM

Is that legal??