Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just read an interesting story about disturbing scene in 1986 flick, "Platoon".

February 10, 2020 09:02AM
A few days ago, we watched "Platoon" at the station. I had not seen it in several years.. at least 15-20. Maybe because I have aged and have boys close to the same age as the one legged Villager....But I found that scene of Bunny, played by Kevin Dillon, smashing in the head of the one legged Villager, more disturbing than when I first saw Platoon back in early 1987. Yesterday, I found myself reading about the behind the scenes stuff (Their training, harsh conditions etc)). I came across an old article with an interview with Kevin Dillon.......He mentioned that brutal scene and then broughtup a VERY cool story. Turns out, the young man playing the Villager was a local, who spoke ZERO English and was about to lose his sight from cataracts. Dillon said that he and Charlie Sheen felt really bad for the guy. The two of them came up with enough money so the guy could have surgery to have the cataracts removed and the last he heard, the fella could see very well. I thought that was VERY cool to hear.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just read an interesting story about disturbing scene in 1986 flick, "Platoon".

Ramgator314February 10, 2020 09:02AM

Re: Just read an interesting story about disturbing scene in 1986 flick, "Platoon".

fearsomefoursome215February 10, 2020 11:54AM

that's a great story nm

21Dog175February 10, 2020 02:54PM