Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speaking of schools....

September 26, 2019 11:38AM
Maybe some of you that live in the remoter regions of the USA know of schools like this one: Panoche Elementary School.

Last time I checked, (I know some ranchers in the area), the population of the school was 12. That's kindergarten thru 8th grade.

I'm guessing Panoche lies about 30 miles (as the crow flies) west of me. You drive over @#$%& Pass to get there, dirt road... Waterfield may know of it... the road begins where the Apricot Tree Restaurant used to be.... well, it still is but no longer in business. There is a paved road that is further north and then you come back south to get to the town/school. This more northern road goes thru Mercy Hot Springs... to my knowledge the only hot spring resort left in central Ca. In the old days there were many of them.

Also the ghost town New Idria is in the area... if that helps you to know the area.

Anyway... always wondered what it would have been like to attend a school of that size. Tranquillity is very small, 800 people, but the classrooms, even in my day, were around 20-25 kids in each class...which, I think, Isn't much different than most classes in big city schools.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Speaking of schools....

JamesJM132September 26, 2019 11:38AM

My entire graduating class Attachments

IowaRam101September 26, 2019 12:44PM

My graduating class..

sstrams64September 26, 2019 01:42PM

I'm still giggling about....

JamesJM83September 26, 2019 01:51PM