Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Game of Thrones.. I have a HUGE problem...

May 19, 2019 01:01PM
JamesJM
in fact... there is no solution.

My oldest grandson, as I mentioned, is VERY into GOT....but then, most people I know are as well. So tonight, I just saw in a 'news alert', (how in the HELL is GOT rate a news alert?)... that tonight it all ends.... and there will be one ring to rule them all... or oops, getting my fantasies jumbled.

So ok but my point is: Enough people love this series so much that I am convinced, (I really am), that I need to watch it.... but I want to watch it from the beginning. (I have never seen a single episode and don't even really know what it's about except that they're all trying to be Elvis).

There isn't a chance in hell I'm going to get to tomorrow without hearing who won, (remember I mentioned a 'news alert'). Will that ruin the entire series for me? It MUST, no? So... unless I move to an unpopulated area of Antartica I WILL hear the ending.... and maybe even THEN I'll hear of it as some berserk sky writer wanting to make a name for himself will probably spell it out in the sky over Antarctica.

Nope, I think I have to resign myself to the fact that I just plain ole missed Game Of Thrones and there is no going back. Face reality and come to grips with the fact that I missed it and must now seek to somehow find a way to go on with my life. - JamesJM

No, knowing the ending won't ruin the series. The series has way too much in it to be ruined that way.

But what could happen is this. The final season fell way below GOT's own standard. It's just nowhere near as good as the series was before (and for a long time). So the danger is that you watch tonight and do not realize how amazingly good the first 5 seasons were.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2019 01:02PM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Game of Thrones.. I have a HUGE problem...

JamesJM131May 19, 2019 12:27PM

Re: Game of Thrones.. I have a HUGE problem...

zn55May 19, 2019 01:01PM

People are worried

IowaRam78May 19, 2019 01:11PM

There is no chance I'll watch tonight....

JamesJM53May 19, 2019 02:50PM

I HEAR that G.O.T. ended with the Dragon Queen gal......

Ramgator54May 20, 2019 02:48PM