Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: So my grandson, (oldest), tells me Game of Thrones...

April 22, 2019 10:37PM
JamesJM
is Harry Potter + LOTR on steroids. High praise indeed. I'm very, very, very dubious about that. laughing smiley

Having never seen Game of Thrones I can't offer much here... and in fact: I don't even know what the plot of the show is.... I only know it contains a lot of sex and violence...which distinguishes from.... well, absolutely nothing.

Oh... and I know this: I believe, can't swear to this, the show is concluding soon, maybe it ended last night..... I dunno... I just know my grandson had to hurry home to catch the 'last' episode, or maybe that was 2 nights ago.

Personally I'm still watching MONK reruns, having seen every episode now some 4 times.

BTW... I bought a Blu-Ray Player. Nope, didn't need one, or particular want one...BUT.. most of the people I make videos for, (DVD's), are demanding Blu Ray so I had to buy one to test the Blu Ray disks I create... yes, I could create them but not play them. laughing smiley Anyway... my point here is that the Blu-Ray player is also a media player... IOW... it has apps on it. Hulu, SlingTV, HBO, all the common ones. I did not know they were doing that now... but they are. So that means...

I now have 3 media, make that 4 media players .... is that redundancy or not? They are: AppleTV, FireStick (not sure if that's what it's called), AirTV, and now the Blu-Ray player. All of them do basically the same exact thing except the Blu-Ray players which adds playing Blu-Ray disks.

I wonder how many more I'll be suckered into? My guess is: a lot. - JamesJM

It can be up and down. They cut corners sometimes and fall below their own standards.

But at its best it is absolutely everything everyone says it is.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So my grandson, (oldest), tells me Game of Thrones...

JamesJM210April 22, 2019 12:19PM

CeeZar180April 22, 2019 02:32PM

Glad you reminded me....

JamesJM149April 22, 2019 02:41PM

Not sure I would have made the Harry Potter connection

IowaRam150April 22, 2019 07:27PM

Anyone ever read any of the Dragonlance books ?

IowaRam207April 22, 2019 07:43PM

zn185April 22, 2019 10:37PM