Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bought a new stereo

March 26, 2019 05:00PM
or shelf system

or whatever they call them now-a-days

when the kid went off to college last year , she took ours , again , nothing fancy , never really even missed it , seldom used it

but.............

the other day at Walmart they had some home stereo , 1000 Watts . I was like holy crap , so I checked the review , they were crap to.............lol

but............

I did see right next to it , they had a LG stereo , 300 Watts , and I checked the reviews on it , and it got great reviews , , so for no real reason I bought it . it was like 110 bucks , so I wasn't expecting much , but it turned out , the reviews were right , the thing actually sounds real good , at least for a 110 dollar shelf system , so you don't have to tell me how much better you Bose system sounds compared to this

well , anyways , the point of my post

upon further review , this stereo has NO headphone jack

didn't even think about it when I bought , didn't know they made stereos without headphone jacks

but..,,,,

apparently now days they do

the stereo has bluetooth for connecting you phone and stuff , but not for headphones

no big deal , I have bluetooth headphones that I connect to my phone or tablets ,

I guess it's one of those things that disappeared without even noticing

kids now-a-days will never experience the joy being tethered to your stereo with those headphones cables that you used to twist around your finger , like the old telephones cords

but..............

just thought it was weird that I couldn't hook up a headphone to this new stereo , even if I wanted to

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

bought a new stereo

IowaRam539March 26, 2019 05:00PM

I wish I could use headphones...

JamesJM178March 26, 2019 05:23PM

Not even on your rowboat thingy or drums ?

IowaRam116March 28, 2019 08:30AM

Re: bought a new stereo

waterfield66March 26, 2019 05:27PM

Re: bought a new stereo

IowaRam232March 28, 2019 08:33AM

That is one of my favorite movies of all time

ferragamo7967March 27, 2019 10:23AM

You ever watch Everybody Wants Some

IowaRam83March 28, 2019 01:59PM

I remember when they were making it

ferragamo79141March 28, 2019 05:40PM