Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here's what Apple does that may drive me away from them...

July 23, 2018 12:09PM
Their cavalier and elitist, almost bully-like attitude, of cutting off software, features, tech, at a moment's notice. Apple Fan Boys applaud that attitude because in their view it makes Apple 'cutting edge'... I think it's simply pompous elitism.

Young lady in my church recently took an around the western USA trip in her car, her and her lab Thor. Quite an adventure, and she did it solo... or no other 'human' that is. Well over 3,000 miles of driving.I helped her plan her trip, loaned her a lot of equipment.... and for the last week I have been helping her put together her best photos, (editing them), to create a photo-book as a memento. We're using PHOTOS, Apples latest photography app.

Yesterday I just happened to go to macmostnow, a Mac help video site, and I learned that Sept. 1st Apple is dropping all support for ANY type of photo printing... calendars, photo-books, cards, you name it.... gone! Same excuse as always from Apple, "you can do it elsewhere'.... WHICH...

IMHO- - is precisely ANTI their huge ad campaign that an Apple 'just works' or that they are easier to use. Remember iWeb? An App to build websites, AND PUBLISH THEM TO THE NET, so simple that anyone could do it with a couple of clicks.... GONE.... Apple saying "You can do it elsewhere'... which is TRUE.... after, of course, taking a course in website development, website publishing, BUYING new software and then BUYING a domain paying a yearly fee. You know have to learn terms like FTP Protocol and SSL and SEO and about a zillion other mysterious sounding acronym's.

This new MacBook Pro I got.... love it, no doubt... BUT... I had to buy a USB-C to USB adaptor... a USB-C to VGA adaptor.... a few other adaptors because those ports no longer exist on new Macbook Pros. IMHO Apple should have AT LEAST provided those adaptors knowing users were dependent on them but no... not Apple... in their view, "Too bad, move on".

Now it is true... I have to add, that Apple IS innovative.. and that some of the replacement 'tech' IS what is coming in the future.... but they give NO REGARD to a gradual transition, or at least the option to allow a gradual transitions for users.

I'm retired, not rich but I'm ok... and I can keep up with things... but I think of all those students and people just starting out and WHEW.

Ok, got that off my chest. laughing smiley - JamesJM

P.S. Microsoft is no better. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

New MacBook Pro arrived....

JamesJM217July 21, 2018 10:30AM

Congrats!

Atlantic Ram85July 21, 2018 08:47PM

I considered that...

JamesJM187July 22, 2018 05:15AM

I have the iMac pro

RamUK95July 22, 2018 05:36AM

Yeah the iMac's are awesome..

sstrams80July 22, 2018 06:52AM

That's awesome

Atlantic Ram75July 23, 2018 11:32AM

I dunno about refurbished..

sstrams155July 22, 2018 06:49AM

Re: I dunno about refurbished..

Atlantic Ram102July 23, 2018 11:36AM

Here's what Apple does that may drive me away from them...

JamesJM78July 23, 2018 12:09PM

Yeah, no doubt..

sstrams151July 23, 2018 01:08PM

Yeah, you have to take me with a grain of salt...

JamesJM90July 23, 2018 01:18PM

Are you talking about..

sstrams86July 23, 2018 01:43PM

yes...

JamesJM88July 23, 2018 01:55PM

Cool..

sstrams81July 23, 2018 02:05PM

I am a fan but also despise them lol

Atlantic Ram98July 25, 2018 08:45PM