September 10, 2017 09:25PM
One HELL of a weekend for a grandpa. Gavin, some of you know, stepped up to Varsity this year... after being the Starting QB every year he's been in football he moved to Varsity AND.... got relegated to the bench. laughing smiley S'Ok... he's backing up our starting QB who is 'possibly' headed to Rutgers next year. They made him an offer. Also... several other Div I colleges.

So one of the asst. coaches told the HC, (who is new here), "Gavin has never sat the bench in his life, he may take it hard". Personally I wasn't too worried about that.... but they made him a WR... he's still the backup QB... but to give him playing time they put him in as a WR.

So Friday night... one of our starting WR's dropped one, then two, then three 'in the bread basket' passes before 4 minutes had ticked off the clock. In came Gavin. First play they toss it his way on a quick out... VERY high, he had to jump and stretch and failed to catch it.... would have been a great catch but he didn't catch it, and should have. THE NEXT PLAY....

69yd TD! Little Gavin. In all fairness I'll describe it precisely... he beat the living pants off the DB, (or maybe the DB just completely choked)... I think the latter.... but in my viewfinder I spin and here's this kid wide open... the pass is a little long, (not bad, pretty good pass), but Gavin has to stretch. I've watched it several times.. not sure he completely controlled it... looked to me like it wiggled a little... but he caught it. About 30yds in the air... 39yds after the catch.

Not much later in the game our receivers got confused.... and our QB was scrambling for his life... he let go a desperation pass... long... about 45yds. Two receivers were converging.. from the stands we thought a collision inevitable.... but instead.. Gavin hauls it in, solid this time.... 49yds.

Late in the game, his next target.... 20yds. 3 receptions... 138yds.

Moving on:

Saturday. Before this game, a couple of weeks ago, my grandson Ashton had made a catch in 'carnival'... (scrimmage games), that was the talk of the town. A one hander... I may have posted a video of it? I can't remember. Ashton scored 3TD's Saturday. Well... 1, actually.... two were called back on penalties. A 55yd return after a safety/kickoff then a 45yd run from scrimmage. But the play of the day? He repeated the one hander... almost precisely.. this one maybe higher and tougher.

yup, a great weekend. And just to let you know.. I know you guys don't keep up with this stuff like I do... the Ram's put up 46pts today.

My Day Today:

"Papa" don't give OSHA rides.

Headed back to the slip... day's end.

Mason's College Football Buddies... far left Richie (from the Dallas, Tx area), ... Mason... and far right Brandon (played with Mason in High School).. all Reedley Tigers Now.

Sydney Kaai... my only granddaughter. You've seen her before, draped in the Ram Flag when she was like 3.

Gavin.. the grandson who had 138yds this last Friday Night.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Thought about not bragging... but, eh, not seriously... Attachments

JamesJM319September 10, 2017 09:25PM

happy for you, Grandpa

21Dog194September 10, 2017 09:31PM

Kupp's One Handed Catch...

JamesJM168September 11, 2017 11:12AM

Oh, wanna see me eat crow?

JamesJM171September 11, 2017 11:18AM

nice

JoeMad142September 11, 2017 07:13PM

Brag away Grandpa.....