Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I know a nearby farmer...

August 06, 2017 09:33PM
I've known his family my entire life. His grandparents and mine settled this area around 1900, (and some other families).

I have a point here... but by you now you know I never take a direct route to points.

Different family farmers began, I'm not sure when, to go with 'farm colors'. IOW... all their pickups, trucks, would be the 'chosen' family color. My friend's ancestors, not sure which one, chose 'orange'. The tradition continues to this day.

I have never owned an orange car, never considered an orange car, to be honest... however... my friends vehicles, all orange, are VERY attractive.

In the early 70''s my friend bought a Vette. He, and I, were in our 'rebel' years at the time. My friend got a yellow Vette. His way of rebelling against his Dad's 'orange' dictate. He wrecked it, total, (he didn't get hurt), just a few years later... 2 I think. Another 6 or 7 years later his Dad passed away, much too early, cancer. Soon after:

He and I were down at the Corner Bar and more than a little tipsy. We were soused. Being soused, as you know, no topic is off the table. He brought up the Vette. His Dad never said a thing to him about getting a 'yellow' Vette... BUT... my friend was consumed by guilt... knowing he got yellow just to rebel against his Dad.

Well.. don't know exactly where to go from here with this story except to say: Color is important, or can be. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nearly one year car research is over....

JamesJM358August 04, 2017 09:55AM

We have an orange car

Atlantic Ram157August 06, 2017 09:07PM

I know a nearby farmer...

JamesJM136August 06, 2017 09:33PM

pickup colors

21Dog161August 07, 2017 05:11AM