Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watched the First two episodes of Franklin on Apple TV

April 13, 2024 01:35PM
Was planning on dropping Apple TV after Monarch: Legacy of Monsters and Masters Of The Air were over

well.......

then comes along Franklin , so I guess I'll be keeping Apple TV for another month of two..................lol

I was bitten by the Bicentennial bug when I was 10

compared other war era movies , movies about the Revolutionary War movies , , are few and far between

Franklin , an 8 episode mini series that explores the 7 years Benjamin Franklin and his grandson spent in France , trying to gain the French support and money , to support the Americans during the Revolutionary War

his secret mission to France , that was well , not much of a secret

At age 70, Franklin outmaneuvered British spies and French informers while engineering the Franco-American alliance of 1778

I've watched the first two episodes , and have enjoyed them both , a bit of the slow burn , but to be expected with this type of show

Michael Douglas plays Benjamin Franklin , once you get past that he doesn't really look like Benjamin Franklin , does a good job , as would be expected

Franklin offers a nuanced and generally accurate take on the alliance that brought France into the American Revolution and the 1783 Treaty of Paris that concluded the war. The miniseries is based on Pulitzer Prize-winning author Stacy Schiff's A Great Improvisation: Franklin, France, and the Birth of America

so for those who enjoy American history m it might be worth checking out

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watched the First two episodes of Franklin on Apple TV Attachments

IowaRam60April 13, 2024 01:35PM

Some Star Trek stuff Attachments

IowaRam25April 13, 2024 02:22PM

Deadpool 3 takes a little dig at our beloved Rams Attachments

IowaRam32April 13, 2024 02:26PM