Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If you run out of gas

April 24, 2022 10:24AM
I read that Dwayne Haskins ran out of gas when he was driving on the Florida interstate (no official statement has been made as far as where he was coming from or where he was going at 6:00 am). Dwayne called his wife, Kalabrya, to let her know that he had run out of gas. I wonder why he didn't call Mitch Trabisky for help since Mitch lived down there and was hosting the workouts?

The call Kalabrya made to 911 was recently released as follows:

"My husband, he was stuck on the side of the highway. He had to go walk and get gas, and then he said he was returning to the car on the highway," she explained to dispatch," Kalabrya said. ""We were on the phone, and he said he was going to call me back after he finished putting the gas in, and I kept calling and kept calling and he wasn’t answering … I just want somebody to go in the area and see if his car is there and if he’s OK and if anything happened to him."

1) If Kalabrya was in Pittsburgh, how does she get hold of 911 in Fort Lauderdale? Do you just call 911 in your own city and ask to be connected to 911 in Fort Lauderdale for example? I don't even know how you get hold of 911 for a different city/state.
2) If Dwayne had already gotten gas and was putting it in his car... then how did he end up getting hit while crossing the highway? Wouldn't he have already crossed the highway?
3) If you're visiting in a city you're not familiar with and don't know anybody there and run out of gas..... who DO you call for help? I'd call AAA, myself, but not everybody has that kind of service. So if you don't, who do you call?
4) If Haskins was working out in Florida with other players, how come none of them have come forward and said anything? Were they all done with their workout sessions and returning to their respective homes? Had they all gone out together the night before? Were they staying at the same hotel while down there? I'm thinking Haskins may have been on his way to the airport to return to Pittsburgh and was letting his wife know he might not make his flight since he ran out of gas. I have run out of gas once in my life when I was 17. I made sure that was the last time. I don't get why it happens when it sure doesn't have to.

This is so tragic because it didn't have to happen.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

If you run out of gas

MamaRAMa218April 24, 2022 10:24AM

The whole thing is kinda odd..

sstrams90April 24, 2022 12:18PM

Re: The whole thing is kinda odd..

MamaRAMa135April 24, 2022 03:57PM

Re: If you run out of gas

MamaRAMa70April 24, 2022 05:20PM

Dwayne Haskins had alcohol, drugs in system at time of death

MamaRAMa146May 23, 2022 02:40PM

Re: Dwayne Haskins had alcohol, drugs in system at time of death