Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wha I'm looking forward to more than Thanksgiving Dinner...

November 26, 2021 01:07PM
Don't get me wrong.... I'm the biggest fan in the world of Thanksgiving Dinner.... BUT....

First - Turkey isn't even close to my favorite meat. I like it... it's probably my least liked meat. AND - every Thanksgiving we have a ton of it left. I'm not a big fan of Turkey ON Thanksgiving Day so leftover Turkey is WAY down my list. I will eat it... but ehhh. SOOO.....

My son is a chef... he's going to be making Turkey Pot Pies. I LOVE Pot Pies... Chicken, and I think probably Turkey since it's NOT the meat in a Pot Pie that appeals to me... it's the dough, the gravy, the peas and carrots. Frankly if one left out the meat it probably wouldn't bother me in the least. Tomorrow is the day.

Used to be a restaurant in Fresno, (closest big city to me), called "The Chicken Pie Restaurant"... it was wonderful. Not sure when it first opened but it was most likely before I was born... AND... it stayed opened until just recently, last year or so? Finally closed down... and all Fresno Area social media went into mourning. It was loved. A chicken pot pie and a side of cole-slaw... it don't get any better.

Costco sells a chicken pot pie they make themselves... and from the outside they look WONDERFUL... they aren't. It's all chicken... the dough, gravy, peas, carrots scarce. It's basically a pie of all chicken. You chicken lovers will love it... not me. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wha I'm looking forward to more than Thanksgiving Dinner...

JamesJM128November 26, 2021 01:07PM

not a big fan of the pot pies

21Dog173November 26, 2021 02:15PM

Re: not a big fan of the pot pies

Atlantic Ram62November 27, 2021 10:07AM

"The Chicken Pie Restaurant".

waterfield68November 30, 2021 10:37AM