Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I don't keep track of names....

March 22, 2024 06:21PM
I do watch the occasional fight..... but rarely Heavyweights who, IMO, are boring to watch for the most part.

I have paid for PPV... but not the way you guys are talking about. They used to have "Closed Circuit TV".... so you'd gather in a movie theater, (as an example), and they would show the fight live on a big screen. I saw many fights that way.

I've been to only one Heavyweight Championship fight - back in the 70's Ali vs Ron Lyle. The fight was horrible BUT... we got to Vegas several days before the fight and watched Ali during his training sessions. It was incredible. Not only meeting Ali, other fighters, dozens of famous people.... but being able to stand next to the ring and watch how tough those guys are.

Ali used to go into the corner and drape both arms over the top rope then the other boxer would just pummel him with body punches. The blows were thunderous. All the while Ali would chat with us and the others watching the sparring session. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Question about Boxing and the era of Pay Per View.

Ramgator53March 22, 2024 02:14PM

Tyson and Holyfield last big names I remember..

sstrams29March 22, 2024 04:01PM

I don't keep track of names....

JamesJM44March 22, 2024 06:21PM

I'm no Boxing Guru but I saw SEVERAL fights in the early 90s that looked like set ups..

Ramgator18March 23, 2024 03:42AM

Growing up in the 50s

waterfield30March 22, 2024 08:57PM