Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What is the highest you guys have jumped into water???

March 21, 2024 02:33PM
I've never jumped into a pool, lagoon, lake, ocean, river or any other body of water in my entire life. I can't swim! I might walk down the pool steps into waist deep water. That's as far as I "jump", sad to say.

I think I may have told this story on The Pub once before: When I was in college, I worked at a Girl Scout camp in Taunton, Massachusetts for 2 summers. I was the ONLY adult on staff who couldn't swim. All the counselors were bound and determined to teach me before summer camp was over. So, they put me in the Beginners class along with a bunchy of little 1st and 2nd grade Brownies. They looked at me like I was the jolly Green Giant. One of the skills I had to master in order to move from Beginners (red cap) to Intermediate (green cap) was that I had to stand on the side of the deep end of the pool, jump in feet first, touch the bottom with my feet, push off in order to rise to the surface, and then swim over to the side of the pool. I couldn't do it. I was and still am DEATHLY afraid of being in water over my head and I. Could. Not. Do. It. There were probably 4-5 adult swimming counselors trying to help me, even giving me private lessons in between camp activities. They did their best to assure me they wouldn't let me drown but I still couldn't do it. Ain't no way in he!! I'd EVER jump into the water.

Long story short... the highest I've ever jumped into the water is ZERO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2024 03:10PM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What is the highest you guys have jumped into water???

Ramgator85March 21, 2024 11:26AM

No idea.....

JamesJM33March 21, 2024 11:43AM

LOL That day, my Bud says..Bet you cannot touch the bottom!!

Ramgator29March 21, 2024 12:56PM

IowaRam32March 21, 2024 01:00PM

MamaRAMa31March 21, 2024 02:33PM

I did not learn till age 8. Actually uncalled for when in Florida.

Ramgator21March 21, 2024 03:04PM

Not exactly sure but I'd estimate it about..

sstrams24March 21, 2024 03:01PM

LOL I remember watching this !

Ramgator22March 21, 2024 03:07PM