Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Golf is the hardest game in the world....

February 28, 2024 08:44PM
I'm now about a year and a half into my comeback after a very long lay off... 15 yrs, maybe 20. By this time I "thought" I would be playing decent golf. I'm not. laughing smiley

I should have known that at my age 'distance' would be considerably off and I did BUT.... I didn't expect this big of a drop off. Just as an example... on average I'm using either 3 or 4 bigger clubs than I used in my heyday. Every so often, rarely, I will get one out there pretty far but no where near often enough to depend on it.

Tonight two of my grandsons and I were in my garage hitting with my new golf simulator. My youngest grandson, he's 13, was hitting every single club... Driver down through Wedge, further than me, and pretty darned consistently.

I think I'm learning a valuable lesson in life.... I can sum it up in two words, "it's over". LOL 1 Smiley I mean athletically, of course.

Amazingly one aspect of my golf game has not only NOT fallen off but, and I say this with all humility, is actually better than ever before. Cussing. I seriously doubt if any player on the PGA tour could compete with me. Not to brag but none of you guys could hold a candle to me in the cussing department. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Golf is the hardest game in the world....

JamesJM76February 28, 2024 08:44PM

I'LL SAY!!!!!!

Ramgator23February 29, 2024 04:08AM

I'd take that challenge..

sstrams26February 29, 2024 06:01AM

No chance I can explain golf to you.....

JamesJM28February 29, 2024 07:47AM

Shoulders are one of the few..

sstrams28February 29, 2024 08:51AM

Best lesson in golf

waterfield30February 29, 2024 08:06AM

"Tonight two of my grandsons and I were in my garage hitting with my new golf simulator. "

LesBaker29February 29, 2024 11:12AM