Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Life is tough, nearly impossible for non-tech people...

February 20, 2024 06:56AM
I understand that most of you, probably all of you, know of no one in the 'very' non-tech category. I do, however. My sister and a cousin. Neither has a clue how to get 'online' or what that even means. Soooooo, I get a lot of phone calls. laughing smiley

Got one this morning. My cousin needed to make an appointment at Quest Diagnostics.... just a simple blood test (not sure what kind). She stopped by the nearest Quest but they wouldn't give her an appointment 'in person'. It had to be done online. My cousin doesn't own a computer or a smartphone... she's never been online. She's heard of the internet but hasn't got a clue what it is. She informed the people at Quest of that fact. It didn't matter. She was told "You'll have to find someone to help you". This from the receptionist AT Quest Diagnostics.

It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that receptionists at medical facilities are incapable of making an appointment for a patient. Does that seem to you like a skill requirement beyond the capabilities of a receptionist? So I got to thinking -

My sister and cousin have got a big problem. Damn near everything I do these days is 'online'. And I do the same for my sister and my cousins.... but making an appointment? That's a new one for me. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Life is tough, nearly impossible for non-tech people...

JamesJM102February 20, 2024 06:56AM

I do lotsa online appts..

sstrams40February 20, 2024 08:58AM

My experience with Quest

waterfield66February 21, 2024 06:59AM

Well, yes they can....

JamesJM39February 22, 2024 02:30PM

Quest SUCKS! I use them for my Cardio follow ups.

Ramgator31February 24, 2024 04:02AM