Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have a question for you Waterfield...

January 11, 2024 08:33PM
No, not about Pete... although regarding Pete I said he was 'wrong'... I think the punishment was too harsh.

My question is one for a Lawyer.... and it regards a movie - - - -"Anatomy Of A Fall". Good movie, I think you'd like it, but what do I know. If you've seen it you can perhaps comment on my question... if you have not just skip this post.

A big part of the movie is a trial.... I believe in France but I'm not sure. As the prosecutor and defense attorney go back and forth they make some VERY intriguing questions, speculations, comments.... and I'm wondering - would most of what goes on in the trial even be allowed in our system? Even some of the Judge's rulings had me scratching my head - - but which I won't discuss here just in case you watch the movie.

Obviously I'm aware other countries have different judicial systems but what I'm after are specifics.... not an exhaustive answer but some brief thoughts if you have any.

As for the movie AS a movie... it's good. Very well acted... very interesting dialog. And the plot is good.... overall a good movie but definitely not for everyone. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I have a question for you Waterfield...

JamesJM106January 11, 2024 08:33PM

Re: I have a question for you Waterfield...

waterfield36January 14, 2024 08:47AM