Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I got a funny story about the 'classics'....

December 14, 2023 04:01PM
So many many moons ago...., on a saturday afternoon I was relaxing on my couch watching a black & white classic like I like to do (can't remember which movie). My oldest, who was 7 at the time, came in all flush and out of breath from running around the yard. She gives a huge sigh, and an exaggerated full body collapse next to me and starts watching with me. Btw, in 7 year old daughter body language in my house in those days, it meant 'aw man, not another old movie".

Anyways... she actually sits there for quite a while, becomes bored and starts to get up to leave. Before she goes, she ask's me, "Dad, why isn't there any color in these old moves". Being into the movie, I just off handedly said, "because they didn't have color back then". She gives me a bit of a confused look, and races off to play in the yard some more.

Fast forward a couple of weeks... again its the weekend, and once again, I'm sitting on the couch enjoying a black and white classic (and again, I don't remember what it was... :-/ ) This time my daughter comes out of the kitchen with a sandwich, and sits down to watch the movie with me as she eats. After a few minutes she finishes her lunch, but continues watching. After a few more minutes... she turns to me and ask's "Dad, if there wasn't any color back then.... how did people choose their clothes"?

At that instant, I must have had the most confused look on my face ever... then it clicked... I belted out a laugh so loud and sudden, the wife dropped a dish in the kitchen.

Kids... I love em so...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2023 04:06PM by RAMbler.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I have to complain again.... old classic movies....

JamesJM140December 13, 2023 01:30PM

Re: I have to complain again.... old classic movies....

SeattleRam45December 13, 2023 05:39PM

waterfield50December 13, 2023 05:56PM

A much watched and famous scene by Ned Beatty in Network

waterfield44December 19, 2023 04:19PM

waterfield40December 19, 2023 04:20PM

I got a funny story about the 'classics'....

RAMbler78December 14, 2023 04:01PM

That is hilarious....

JamesJM43December 14, 2023 04:07PM

Re: I got a funny story about the 'classics'....

SeattleRam53December 14, 2023 04:57PM

from the mouth of babes nm

21Dog53December 15, 2023 05:20AM

I hear ya!! A big reason I dumped cable.

Ramgator47December 15, 2023 04:58AM