Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hard to top Crab Cakes... but I'm in the running....

November 30, 2023 10:33AM
Quite recently I began meeting with some old friends... VERY old friends. Known them all my life as they, like me, were farmers here in my home town.... well, all but one - he owned the Chevy dealership where we all bought our cars and pickups.

Now retired, all of us.... also older, fatter, less energy, had not gotten together much over the last several years. THEN:

Rick, (one of my old friends), called one day, couple years ago, and said we need to meet... have lunch and tip a few. So we did... now we're doing it regularly.

Yesterday: Sante Fe Basque restaurant in Fresno, Ca. Started with a "Picon"... if you don't know this drink you should... probably an acquired taste but once you do acquire a taste for them they are a must with Basque food. during the meal... wine. Red.

Ever been to a Basque restaurant... and I'm talking the "Boarder" meal... not the menu? It's family style... .they bring each dish separately... they can vary but nearly always will include: Bread, Beans, Salad, Potato Salad with Shrimp... The main course depends on the day of the week.... pork, beef, chicken, etc.

After the meal they bring out some Blue Cheese, (I know, some of you are gagging)... personally I think blue cheese might be the greatest food ever invented. laughing smiley

Also after the meal we gathered in the bar, (coffee, no alcohol... after the wine during the meal), and told old stories. The topic, yesterday, was 'embarrassing moments' during our lifetimes... told on each other but no one lied... we admitted guilt. And no, sorry, I can't tell any of the stories on this board... far too humiliating, X rated, flat out stupid....

Next up Dec. 14th.... Chicken Liver day at the Basque Restaurant... our favorite. Bar topic will probably once again be embarrassing moments because one session wasn't nearly enough to cover all of them. laughing smiley - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

21 Dog Attachments

waterfield78November 30, 2023 09:28AM

Hard to top Crab Cakes... but I'm in the running....

JamesJM52November 30, 2023 10:33AM

Basque restaurants

waterfield46November 30, 2023 11:00AM

been to the old Sante Fe location many times

21Dog43November 30, 2023 06:54PM

I'm with ya.....

JamesJM35November 30, 2023 08:50PM

Re: I'm with ya.....

21Dog30December 01, 2023 06:02AM

Re: 21 Dog

21Dog35November 30, 2023 06:47PM

Re: 21 Dog