Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 4 XFL teams are safe ???

October 22, 2023 07:42AM
There's just too much up in the air for me to get too excited about the XFL/USFL/merger right now. IF they do the "hub city" thing like the USFL did last year... I won't watch. Just a hokey concept that doesn't do a darned thing for me. IF they do the training facility thing like the XFL did last year where ALL the teams trained and lived in the location and in the same city and then travel to their "home cities" to play... I may not watch either. Depends. Even though that's what the XFL did last year, the St Louis Battlehawks blew every other team away with attendance at their home games. I guess people figure having SOME kind of football is better than not having any at all. The Battlehawks have quite the following around here... at community and fan events, too! I put up with ithe living in one city and playing in St Louis myself because it was supposed to be a temporary step towards eventually having the team physically based in St Louis. This was supposed to just be a stop-gap. But now that ownership is up in the air along with exactly how this "new" league will look and function... it's hard to get excited about it when we don't have all the facts about how it's all gonna work. I can't say I'm surprised that Dwayne Johnson and Dani Garcia wanted to stop the bleeding and may bow totally out after just one year. It was fun for the fans... but I'm sure they lost their shirts as far as profits go.

It's just all beginning to taste more sour than sweet to me lately.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2023 08:14AM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

4 XFL teams are safe ??? Attachments

IowaRam103October 22, 2023 07:33AM

MamaRAMa58October 22, 2023 07:42AM

Agree

IowaRam65October 22, 2023 08:09AM

Aries59October 25, 2023 05:17AM

Aries48October 25, 2023 05:18AM

I've always gravitated to the New Jersey Generals.............kinda sorta

IowaRam49October 25, 2023 02:18PM

Yeah, I like their logo/name... but I also like St. Louis....

JamesJM53October 25, 2023 07:39PM

Michigan Panthers have secured the rights to Ford Field for 2024

IowaRam58October 25, 2023 01:47PM