Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I started using a password manager long ago....

September 25, 2023 01:28PM
Every site I visit has a different password and I don't know any of them... the password manager takes care of it.... kind of automatically.

I use 1Password but there are many.. all basically the same. (I think). The passwords 1Password generates for me are impossible to actually memorize, or at least impossible for me.... it generates things like 3mfl%-JhrTi40#@_vBc@e$Q$XCd87. No, that's not one of my passwords so don't try. laughing smiley

1Password remembers the sites you visit so when you visit again it atomically pops up and offers you the option of having it fill in your username and password.

It is NOT without its flaws, however. Over the years it can duplicate different passwords you have used in the past so sometime, not often, you don't know which one is valid. It's not supposed to do that... but it does. Also... and here's what I would do if I were starting with a password manager for the first time:

Some browsers, (maybe all of them these days), have a built in password manager. I use Safari. It's very good but having both Safari and 1Password it can get confusing. - JamesJM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2023 01:56PM by JamesJM.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Passwords! Modern technology hates me. It knows I hate IT!

Ramgator89September 25, 2023 10:23AM

I started using a password manager long ago....

JamesJM72September 25, 2023 01:28PM

Re: I started using a password manager long ago....

MamaRAMa89September 25, 2023 02:19PM

Did a quick bit of research....

JamesJM54September 25, 2023 02:58PM