Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Proud Moment for my family clan.....

September 21, 2023 05:31PM
This story makes me smile. laughing smiley Perhaps a little too sentimental for some... but what the hell?

I have a cousin, 1st cousin, that I pretty much grew up with. As I have mentioned before I have a very close family. He married a woman from a local town that I knew 'of' but not really well. I won't go into it... but there was problems in her family. Two little boys, pre-kindergarten age and kindergarten age, were basically abandoned by my friend's wife's sister... so my cousin and his wife took them in. Just a bit earlier this year:

Adoption went through and my cousin and his wife are now their legal parents. Which means... they now share my last name - "Marchini".

My daughter teaches school. She sent me a text today saying "Zane", one of the little boys my cousin and his wife adopted and who knew my daughter, came running up to her and said "I"m a MARCHINI!!" He didn't know my daughter's maiden name was Marchini. My daughter informed him, "I'm a Marchini Too".... she said his eyes got wide and he asked, "YOU ARE?".... My daughter replied, "Yes. I know your Dad and Mom. They're my family and now we're cousins". My daughter said Zane was beyond happy and excited about the news! Started telling all his friends that my daughter was his cousin.

My daughter has been crying over the encounter for about 4 hours now... Zane was thrilled... no where near as much as my daughter was over the experience. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Proud Moment for my family clan.....

JamesJM106September 21, 2023 05:31PM

great story nm

21Dog45September 21, 2023 05:37PM

Re: Proud Moment for my family clan.....

MamaRAMa57September 21, 2023 05:41PM

Re: Proud Moment for my family clan.....

waterfield56September 21, 2023 10:04PM