Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I thought sure he was down for the count....(youth football)

September 03, 2023 09:37AM
Last night my youngest grandson was returning a punt.... he bobbled the catch but then scooped it up and headed north (well, in this case south)....

The hit was massive, and it was helmet to helmet.... I was standing by our High School Varsity HC when this happened and we both gasped....this was going to be bad... we thought sure.

Then.... he popped up as fast as he'd gone down. Pretty much everyone in the stands was amazed... no one expected him to get right back up. I confess... it scared me!

After the game we asked him, of course.... he said he didn't have a headache at all just a bit of a sore neck. Maybe those new helmets paid off?

The payback: (not trying to make this sound vindictive) - next quarter same two... my grandson and the opponent who had delivered the big hit... one on one with my grandson carrying the ball with a full head of steam coming to the 1yd line... you could hear the collision in the stands.... TD! But this time the opponent stayed down... and once again a hush fell over the crowd. But not long... he, too, rose again and walked off... but didn't come back into the game... I hope he's ok.

Football is a very violent sport. And I confess that I'm on edge while watching my grandson's play. Love the sport dearly... but detest the possibility of injury. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I thought sure he was down for the count....(youth football)

JamesJM105September 03, 2023 09:37AM

glad to hear he's OK

21Dog46September 03, 2023 02:00PM

unfortunate debut for my grandson for Fresno City...

JamesJM57September 03, 2023 03:34PM

Re: unfortunate debut for my grandson for Fresno City...

21Dog63September 03, 2023 03:39PM

Maybe those new helmets paid off?

LesBaker56September 03, 2023 02:43PM

Yup....

JamesJM53September 03, 2023 03:28PM