Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Led Zeppelin and football...

September 01, 2023 09:37AM
Umm, two topics, or maybe not. My grandson's first collegiate football is today... Diablo Valley J.C.... somewhere in the San Francisco Bay area... Concord, Pleasanton maybe? I dunno... it's 2:45 drive. Taking off in a couple hours for the 5pm kickoff.

Ok... Led Zep - - - took my grandson to Fresno this morning to board the team bus. I wanted to get 'fired up' for game day so I was wondering what to play.... (my new pickup's sound system kicks ass).... decided on Led. So having Apple Music play Led and what should come on? "Stairway To Heaven" - funny thing about that song...

The last time I heard it must have been.... ohhhhh, no kidding - maybe back in the 80's? All the way thru I mean. Nope... wasn't sick of it, always liked it and still like it... just hadn't heard it in decades. It did not disappoint. laughing smiley I'm fired up.

They're going to stream the game - here:

But no... not expecting Ashton to get a lot of playing time. Think he'll be wearing #31. We've got 4 Kerman High School alums on the Fresno City College team... two were red-shirted yesterday and 2 are active for today... ASHTON DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's active. So damn proud of that young man.

He's a RB but they've played him out of the Slot a few plays in the scrimmage games.... and since he played QB in High School I wouldn't doubt if they have a play ready where he'll be passing the ball... but not today. That would surprise me... but later this year? I think so.

Ok... long ass drive to the game and then back home. I think more Led Zep is in my near future. laughing smiley - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Led Zeppelin and football...

JamesJM121September 01, 2023 09:37AM

If you're playing Zepplin..

sstrams56September 01, 2023 01:03PM

Re: If you're playing Zepplin..

21Dog51September 01, 2023 02:35PM

My favorite by those guys. nm

Ramgator40September 01, 2023 03:31PM

I co-sign on that

LesBaker52September 02, 2023 03:11AM

This makes me think of a Comic about 10-12 years ago who slammed ESPN.

Ramgator63September 01, 2023 03:37PM