Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My niece told everyone today....

August 03, 2023 09:42AM
not that 'everyone' didn't already know - she was diagnosed with breast cancer maybe 3 months ago and began chemotherapy today. She made a Facebook post this morning about it all.

If there can be any 'good' news about this it would be that they caught it somewhat early. It had spread but not far, (one lymph node)... and her type of breast cancer is the type that responds best to chemotherapy. After chemo they will decide the next steps... perhaps a lumpectomy, perhaps a mastectomy.

It's been a truly hellish last few months for my family....as you know my family is very close.... down thru 3rd, even 4th cousins we are family. The 'waiting'... tests, more tests, and almost no answers until just a couple of weeks ago. Thru it all.... my niece remained as strong as I've ever seen. She is about 43, I think? I should know that, I was at her birthday party just a couple of weeks ago. An example:

About losing her hair. She is a very beautiful young woman... I would have thought this would bother her a great deal, I was wrong. She isn't worried about it at all. When informed that her insurance would provide a 'wig' she replied that she wouldn't be needing it.... she was fine with losing her hair and simply wanted to begin chemo and stop the cancer.

This isn't my first encounter with cancer... family, friends, unfortunately I've been around it many times. AS HAVE -

Most, if not all, of you. It's been talked about on this board several times... I never know how to reply to those posts.... as much as I would like to say some 'magic words' that would help.

So to all of You who have gone thru this, and that's probably everyone here... know that in my heart I'm with you... even if the right words don't come. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My niece told everyone today....

JamesJM160August 03, 2023 09:42AM

Thoughts and prayers to your neice..

sstrams62August 03, 2023 09:51AM

The mind set is as important as the treatment....

roman1858August 03, 2023 09:58AM

Re: My niece told everyone today....

waterfield49August 03, 2023 03:34PM

Re: My niece told everyone today....

canadaram51August 03, 2023 04:21PM

Sounds like a strong woman.

Ramgator48August 03, 2023 04:30PM

no magic words

21Dog50August 04, 2023 04:03AM

Prayers to you and your family Jimmy

ferragamo7941August 04, 2023 07:06AM