Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I could watch that.....

July 07, 2023 01:46PM
Not many of them but I'm infatuated with 'good' movies about, or at least somewhat about, chess. Pretty sure that's because Chess is beyond me.

Sure, I can play the game, but beyond that I'm a total dunce. A first time chess player could kick my ass.

One of my favorite all time movie scenes is the final match in the movie "Searching For Bobby Fischer". And yes... I've read about that scene and I'm aware that the final chess moves are instead incorporated into the movie so it played well with the audience... especially those in the audience that are stupid regarding chess, like me. Even I caught on that for players that good the little boy who lost would have actually been well aware of his situation during the pawn promotion sequence.

But when his chess coach, (Ben Kingsley), starts in with that "That was a mistake. It's there. It's 12 moves away but you've got him. Don't move until you see it. Don't move until you see it".... I get "CHILLS". laughing smiley

Ya know... I think I have at least one pretty good personality trait. I admire people who excel at 'whatever'..... I admit some envy for the 'ability' but I'm not envious, or jealous, of the person.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Queen's Gambit

waterfield142July 07, 2023 10:36AM

I could watch that.....

JamesJM56July 07, 2023 01:46PM