Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Long rant. Not sure I have ever looked for confrontation till this morning.

April 11, 2023 03:19AM
Yes, I get grouchy and cynical but always try to "Rise Above" like my Mom and Grandfather used to say. THIS MORNING though......I was doing my daily walk. I was coming up on the old man who walks EEEEEVERY day. He is at least 89-90 years old and moves slow but he is out there, EVERY day. He wears an orange vest that is highly visible. There is a section of 300-400 yards where he will walk in the street because the sidewalk is too bumpy and dangerous. But he does what Florida law says.....Walk TOWARDS traffic on the side. Often I have seen heard people give him a quick toot of the horn, just as a heads up. I have watched him closely and he STAYS on the side and hardly wavers. BUT....There is one SUV I have seen over the last year or so that feel compelled to LAY on the horn as they pass and have even slowed to say something (I have never been close enough to hear......till this morning) THIS MORNING, I see THE SUV come around the curve, SPEEDING AS USUAL. This time, he lays on his horn for, I swear 20 seconds, maybe longer. He could not see me because I was on the sidewalk. I'm 50 something and not 90, so I can navigate the walk when it's still dark. The longer he hit the horn, the more I began to boil. When I saw the guy stop and jump out of his SUV, I said to myself...... AWWWWW HELLLLL NO!!! and started walking faster to close my distance. As I did, I hear this guy just lay into the old man with both barrels......."You DUMBA$$!! GET THE FU** OUT OF THE ROAD!! ARE YOU SOME SORT OF DUMBA$$??" He said his last statement as he was walking back to his SUV but I was only 30 feet away and rapidly approaching. I EXPLODED and LOUDLY barked..... "Get your f'lng ass back in your vehicle, you G.D. DRAMA QUEEN!!! The man is elderly and doing his best, YOU FAT FU**!!! ........ I was glad to see his window was down as he hauled ass away. That way I could get one more in.......... Get out of here. YOU G.D. COWARD!!! (Afterwards, I laughed at myself with my last remark because it sounded JUST like George C Scott in Patton, after he slapped the guy in the Hospital tent) As I passed the old timer, I was still HOT. I told him. Do be careful because there are toooo many out here on the roads that need an a$$ whooping. He just replied.... That, they do! Have a good day. I swear it took me 30 minutes to simmer down! I am gonna be 56 years old in June and have NEVER EVER done what I did. At the moment, I did NOT care but what I did could have been dangerous. I have barked at Family or friends but never a stranger. I simply had my last nerve cut. You guys know me and how much I love the old school generation. It was simply against my DNA to not step in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2023 03:22AM by Ramgator.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Long rant. Not sure I have ever looked for confrontation till this morning.

Ramgator116April 11, 2023 03:19AM

Good for you..

sstrams77April 11, 2023 03:43AM

Re: Good for you..

MamaRAMa80April 11, 2023 04:08AM

Yes. It was a risky thing but....

Ramgator60April 11, 2023 05:49AM

Also.....98% of the time when I get pissed or irked about something....

Ramgator60April 11, 2023 05:55AM

Re: Also.....98% of the time when I get pissed or irked about something....

MamaRAMa64April 11, 2023 06:12AM

Re: Also.....98% of the time when I get pissed or irked about something....

21Dog55April 11, 2023 08:34AM

Good for you, but...

Arkansas Ram73April 11, 2023 04:56AM