Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm the guy with the 'Hat'...

March 05, 2023 09:08AM
that's how I'm known around town... well, around Kerman, Ca. that is... not my home town. No idea how many hats I've got BUT... it's a lot. I'd guess around 30? And that doesn't count caps... I probably have 50 caps but I rarely wear caps these days.

I wear Fedora's, Bowlers. Homburg's, Flat Caps, Indiana Jones Style.... I have pretty much every style, and because we have very hot summers I have a 'straw' version of each of those.. No Beret's, however. Don't care for them. laughing smiley

Most of my life I wore only caps, to work. BUT... my grandfather and my Dad always wore Fedora's.. work and play. I decided I had to carry on the tradition BUT... I couldn't go with one style... that just isn't in me. So I wear Indy Style and Febora's most of the time.... the others on special occasions or when I just want to be different. laughing smiley

So this topic came to mind because this morning at church 3 friends of my grandson showed up. I didn't know they were going to be there. After church when I went to say HI they were laughing because they said they almost didn't recognize me without a hat. I guess I'm somewhat popular with the kids at Kerman High because of my hats. They've even had discussions among themselves trying to guess which style hat I'm going to show up with when I attend a game... and they each have their 'favorites'. laughing smiley They were also surprised that I still have a little hair. laughing smiley

So, any of you wear hats/caps? I think, could be wrong, they are making a bit of a comeback.. NOT a big one, but I am seeing them more often.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2023 09:09AM by JamesJM.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm the guy with the 'Hat'...

JamesJM108March 05, 2023 09:08AM

I've never been a hat guy, but.. Attachments

sstrams63March 05, 2023 12:19PM

I think all Veteran's when discharged...

JamesJM65March 05, 2023 12:40PM

Its kind of a top hat..

sstrams52March 05, 2023 03:34PM

Goatees...

JamesJM49March 06, 2023 08:13AM

Bahahahaha...

sstrams52March 06, 2023 08:44AM

Going without shaving....

JamesJM62March 06, 2023 08:57AM

I generally don't shave on..

sstrams58March 06, 2023 09:35AM

Re: I'm the guy with the 'Hat'...